Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:57:15 -0500
From:      Robert Hough <rch@acidpit.org>
To:        Tony <missing@nts.umd.edu>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: network management

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001, Tony wrote:

> Would anyone care to share network management software solutions?

Lets us not forget freeipdb, and flowtools. Those two can seriously
save you a lot of time, effort and money. I think other people
have made mention of most of the other "common" tools.

Most peoples needs are easily met with pre-written utilities. I'd say
collect them all, and figure out what works best for _your_ network.
Sometimes, a pre-written tool can save you a lot of time, other times
they seem to always fall short of your needs and expectations. Be
prepared to write your own tools, there are/will be times when
that is the only way to get something done.

http://www.freeipdb.org/
http://www.splintered.net/sw/flow-tools/

--
Robert Hough (rch@acidpit.org)