Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 13:01:02 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, andreas@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docproj depends on X11 now?!?!

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 10:59:51AM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> My current thinking is a slave port, ghostscript6-nox11 that eps2png can
> depend on instead.  There are other options (a WITH_X11 variable, that
> sort of thing) that various people on irc have suggested as well.  Not
> being a prolific porter, I'm going to go with whatever's easiest for me
> to implement (viz, a slave port) unless people have specific objections
> (or they want to write the code).
>=20
> Thoughts?

A slave port would have the advantage to offer two different
gs binary packages, one with and one without the requirement
for X.

This would be an advantage for every people, not having to
compile the gs port, which is relatively quite large ...

O.k., I'd vote for that.

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.2 SMP
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR--