Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:28:00 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with vlan interfaces in 6-STABLE

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

Hi everybody,

After my latest update to

FreeBSD hudson 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #15:
Mon Jan 23 12:29:38 CET 2006
root@hudson:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NFS-32-FBSD6 i386

I have a small problem with my vlan interfaces configured from rc.conf:=20
They get configured well, but they are simply not in "up" state as they=20
were before autmatically. I can login via console and do=20

ifconfig vlan340 up

and all is fine. The config did not change during the update:

cloned_interfaces=3D"vlan340"
ifconfig_em0=3D"up vlanhwtag vlanmtu"
ifconfig_vlan340=3D"inet xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.255.255.192 vlan 340 vland=
ev em0"

Is putting and additional:

ifconfig ${ifn} up

in the create loop in network.subr the way to fix this issue?

Thanx, Oliver

--=20
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |
|               Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe.               |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung aller enthaltenen Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--