Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2016 14:18:28 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ${INSTALL_DATA} problems

--MVOhBRG7AgESnVHNsdaAASpPB9BkMQL55
From: Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To: Aristedes Maniatis <amaniatis@apache.org>,

--lrsBl1awGdNLI4rPPimPkJxJEvq8PxMK4

Le 10/09/2016 =C3=A0 05:32, Aristedes Maniatis a =C3=A9crit :
> On 8/09/2016 10:47pm, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>> Now, I'm seeing something else that is a bad idea, it is using the -o
>> flag.  Ports must build as a regular user.  A regular user will not be=

>> able to change the owner of the files.  This must be done in the
>> pkg-plist file, using @owner/@group as described in the Porter's
>> Handbook:
>> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/plist-keywords.h=
tml

> I've just tried this but ran into some difficulty. Specifically I have =
a plist which is many hundreds of lines long. There is no way this will b=
e maintained into the future without mistake.

The plist can be generated automatically with "make makeplist" there is
no way it is hard to do, or maintain.

> I really only want one folder installed with the correct permissions, b=
ut do I need to move my chmod code into the rc.d startup script instead a=
nd tying it into the pkg install?

If it is an empty folder, or you just want the folder itself to have the
permissions, do:

@dir(%%owner%%,%%group%%,optional mode) the/dir

like described in the page I sent you to.

If you also need to files, add a:

@owner %%owner%%
@group %%group%%

block before the files of that directory, and add:

@owner
@group

after it.

--=20