Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:10:20 +0200
From:      David van Deijk <d.d.v.deijk@student.tue.nl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   dir-listing bug in linux-emulation

Dear hackers.

When I was running an linux program (soffice) i needed something of my
dos-partition.
Then i stumbled onto something I would call a "major" bug.

I went to /dos/c (my first partition ) but saw only 6 files and 1 dir.
So i went for some exploring and this are my results:
(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c$ls
4dos                    FCONNECT                VIDEOROM.BIN
ASD.LOG                 IO.SYS                  WINDOWS
ATI                     LOGITEMP                WinRAR
AUTOEXEC.BAT            MOUSE                   XIRCOM
AUTOEXEC.DOS            MSDOS.---               bbdemo
AUTOEXEC.JPS            MSDOS.SYS               command.PIF
BAS                     MagicCube4D             dosd
BDIENST                 MagicCube4D.log         fbsdboot.exe
BIN                     MikTeX                  fbsdboot.zip
BOOMPJE.COM             NUKEM2.BAT              freebsd
BOOTLOG.PRV             PDOXUSRS.NET            geems
BOOTLOG.TXT             Program Files           logo.sys
BOOTSECT.F16            RECYCLED                mukzooi.m3u
BRAND.EXE               Rescued Document.txt    my documents
COMMAND.COM             SCANDISK.LOG            netwerk
CONFIG.DOS              SETUP.EXE               opennap
CONFIG.SYS              SETUPLOG.TXT            rip
DETLOG.OLD              SETUPXLG.TXT            t3vvn4hn
DETLOG.TXT              SUHDLOG.DAT             temp
DUKE2                   SYSTEM.1ST              truman
DUKE3D            SchoonWoagen.exe        wav
DUKE3D.BAT              Tntetris        www
Exceed.lnk              Tuecis
(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c$
(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c$/usr/compat/linux/bin/bash
(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c$ls
BOOTSECT.F16  IO.SYS     SCANDISK.LOG  WINDOWS
COMMAND.COM   MSDOS.SYS  SUHDLOG.DAT
(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c$

when i checked these 7 files were the first 7 directorie entrys in de
root dir
BTW. cd - ing to not listed dirs was no problem...

(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c$cd dosd
(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c/dosd$ls
RECYCLED  RealPlayer  blabla zut  math  mpeg  tentamina  tweakvga  wolf
(davidd@93% batterij)/dos/c/dosd$

but again only 8 files are listed (this time including long file names)

I would like to have a solution for this (so i can browse my dos with
linux binaries).

TIA.
David van Deijk.

PS. any other persons confirming  (or not) this problem would be
welcome.