Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:58:31 -0500
From:      Mark Hendriks <markh@lon.imag.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        martin_molina_y2k@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation

On Wed, 09 Feb 2000, Martín Díaz Molina wrote:
> Witch files do I need to install the 3.4 release of
> FreeBSD ?
> I have already downloaded
> ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/freBSD/releases/i386/3.4release
> folder.

The installation process is explained on the web site if you click on a
link called "Getting FreeBSD"

FreeBSD has an excellent install program, but it only works if you use it.
 How do you use the install program?  Read the info on the web site.  The
web site will also answer the long list of questions that you most
certainly will have if you don't read the web site first.

There is one thing you may want to do before intalling FreeBSD.  If you
already have Microsoft Windows installed on your computer, and you intend
to keep on using it, you will want to use a program called Partition Magic
to create a partition on your hard disk, without wiping out Windows.  On
the other hand, if you do wish to wipe Windows off of your hard disk, the
FreeBSD install program will repartition your disk.

Mark Hendriks
markh@lon.imag.net