Date:      Sat, 24 Sep 2011 23:00:06 +0100
From:      Dr Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Dr Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Expanding a spool on a system with a single zfs root disk?

On 24 Sep 2011, at 22:44, Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:

> I'm scratching my head working out how to expand a zpool on a remote =
server. It's got a larger gpart partition, and I want to grow the zpool =
into it. I've got remote console access, but the system has the root =
disk on the same zfs pool, so I can't simply export and reimport the =
pool from single user mode. :/ Any ideas on how to achieve this then?

Ok, so it looks like zpool has an autoexpand setting... I've switched it =
on, but it hasn't expanded. Perhaps it only expands when it's loaded? =
Another reboot in order then.....

Joe=