Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 19:04:26 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        mtaylor@cybernet.com
Cc:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, shocking@prth.pgs.com
Subject:   RE: Decent network cards for 100Mbit?

> The Tulip-based cards are flatulent sacks of pus as well.
> There are multicast problem with them.  I'm sure Bill Paul can give us a
> few words about these cards...

Well, it also depends on the driver. In a previous job situation, using
Linux, we had to ditch several Intel Pro 100B cards and switch to Tulip
based cards - because the Linux driver for the Pro 100B couldn't handle
the multicast stuff while the Tulip cards worked fine.

Myself, I've used both Tulip and Intel cards for FreeBSD. I have a slight
preference for the Intel cards these days, but have always had good luck
with the Tulip based cards. And of course, if you need something like a
4-port 10/100 card, Tulip is your only choice at the moment.