Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 1995 23:12:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Graphical installations and such

> > What I mean by this is:
> >
> > 1) VM86 Bios mode disk driver as the method of installation, and
> > as a viable alternative for folks waiting for their drive to be
> > supported.  Linux has this.

Well I think we need a vm86 call first and no-ones bothered to write one
yet and we really could do with one actually.

> > 4) Ask about the type of ethernet device people have (link2 saga).

I've got code that does this that uses Garretts device info. I'll pull it
into sysinstall sometime soon. It's got buried in all the last minute
hacking that took place and I'll have to go and dig it out of the revision
history.

> This all sounds great..!  So..  Justin!  Pal!  What are you doing for
> the next couple of weeks?  Nothing?  Terrific!  There's this install
> thing that Poul and I would *love* some help on! :-)

Umm, I still consider myself involved in sysinstall. I'm a little
peeved that I've been edged out actually since I did the original
proof of concept of a dialog based single floppy installation and
had and still do have every intention of continuing work on the
project.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Phone: +44 1222 874000 x5958 (work), +44 1222 457651 (home)