Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:09:55 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
To:        tethys ocean <tethys.ocean@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ../../../dev/ath/if_ath.c:3414: error: 'const struct ath_rx_status' has no member named 'rs_flags'

tethys ocean wrote:
> thank a lot i found info in UPDATING just below
>
> 20090312:
>  The open-source Atheros HAL has been merged from HEAD
>  to STABLE.
>  The kernel compile-time option AH_SUPPORT_AR5416 has been
>  added to support certain newer Atheros parts, particularly
>  PCI-Express chipsets.
>  The following modules are no longer available, and should be
>  removed from MODULES_OVERRIDE and/or loader.conf:-
>  ath_hal ath_rate_amrr ath_rate_onoe ath_rate_sample
>
> i added some line to my loader.conf shown in below
>
> ath_load="YES"
> ath_hal_load="YES"
> ath_rate_amrr="YES"

According to UPDATING, you should *remove* these.  You are building the
driver into the kernel anyway.

> and added to my kernel such lines
> device          ath             # Atheros pci/cardbus NIC's
> device          ath_hal         # Atheros HAL (Hardware Access Layer)
> options         AH_SUPPORT_AR5416       # enable AR5416 tx/rx descriptors
>
> device          ath_rate_sample # SampleRate tx rate control for ath

I suggest you try building the GENERIC kernel (take care to use the new
GENERIC conf file that you received with the sources, not an older
version you were keeping somewhere else). If that compiles, there is a
problem with your conf.