Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 1999 15:35:09 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        chris@sdata.de (Christoph Splittgerber)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sporadic hangs

From the keyboard of Christoph Splittgerber:

> Hellmuth,
> in the last email, you wrote me a few days ago, you said that you are
> not going to commit the new release into the -stable branch in the near
> future. Today, I was reading your README where you encourage all users
> of -stable to upgrade to 00.82.00. So, if this is your recommendation,
> what is the reason not to commit the changes to 3.X-stable? IMWN

This is what i wrote someone else asking this:

Seriosly, committing to current is already a _huge_ amount of work, which
goes like: get the FreeBSD i4b, run diffs between all files, look through
the diffs to find out things changed, merge new i4b into old i4b, test the
whole stuff, commit the whole stuff. It takes some days.

For -stable, i won't do this. First, i don't have the time (my wife is
pregnant in the 9th month with our second kid) and second, i dont want
to burn my fingers committing to stable, because this means, it really
_HAS_ to be stable, which it is not for every card there is a driver
available in i4b. I also expect it would raise my load significantly,
because i have to maintain (!) the stable version then (because it has
to be stable ...).

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77