Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 09:49:05 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        Kenny Hill <khill@surfsouth.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1st installing freebsd and 2nd installiing ms-dos

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Kenny Hill wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible for me to install freebsd on my
> system first, and then install ms-dos on the same hard disk. I have 1.2
> Gig. hard drive. I'm installing freebsd from cd-rom, and I'm using fdisk
> editor to delete old dos partition and create new one for freebsd, while
> saving space for another ms-dos installation. Will this work?
> Kenny           e-mail  khill@surfsouth.com         Thank Ya,

It is possible, but it is easier to first install DOS. If you decide to
first install FreeBSD anyhow, you'll need to install the boot manager
again after installing DOS (as it will blow up your boot record). To do
that, look in the tools subdirectory on the CDROM (after installing DOS).

It is easier, though, to first install DOS.

Nadav