Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:05:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        klammer@webonaut.com
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't edit 'applications' pulldown with nautilus

Great!  It works!

how do I make 'fam' start?  It's installed, but not running, and
doesn't seem to have a startup script...

- Mike H.

   From: Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
   Cc: FreeBSD-gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
   Date: 26 Feb 2003 16:46:26 +0100
   Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG

   Am Mi, 2003-02-26 um 16.23 schrieb Mike Harding:
   > I launch gnome2 as root - I had to run 'fc-cache -f -v' for this to
   > work, which was a little non-obvious - and I can't edit the
   > applications list from nautilus via the URL 'applications:///'.
   >
   > I can see the list, and I can get the config box under 'add launcher'
   > but it doesn't seem to get stored.  The behavior is identical under
   > root and non-root users - silent failure.  I don't see anything
   > relevant in .xsession-errors either.
   >
   > I just want mozilla and emacs in the apps menus.  :(

   i've tested it now as normal user an it works for me.
   if you haven't fam installed, you must do a
   "killall -HUP gnome-panel" that the changes will be visible.

   but in the point of view from the gnome-panel root is nothing
   other than a user. you must add them also as the user you are
   normal log in. every additional entries and changes from the
   default will be stored in your (also root's) home-directory
   under ~/.gnome2/vfolders.

   franz.