Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:28:58 +0200
From:      Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: Status of Flash 9 on stable

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 20:30:47 Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I have seen some messages that imply that flashplugin9 might be usable
> on STABLE. The port is sill marked IGNORE, though:
> ** Port marked as IGNORE: www/linux-flashplugin9:
> 	Unstable, no sound, generally unusable state
>
> I also thought that there might be a solution to the sound issue.
>
> Can anyone confirm the status? I would be happy to delete the IGNORE
> line if I thought it would work and I know what changes might be needed
> to get it to work. Even without sound, it would probably be useful. Too
> many sites are using Flash 9 for the entry page and there is no way to
> get to the site at all with Flash 7.

Patches have been committed to CURRENT and should have been MFC'ed last
weekend, but haven't for some reason.

The port has a PR waiting for maintainer feedback:

The relevant thread on emulation@ is:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2008-September/005311.html
(continues in October archives)