Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:20:49 -0400
From:      fitzgera@NASBPD01BS.ntc.nokia.com (Fitzgerald Stephen.W Boston)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD (questions ))
Subject:   SNMP for FreeBSD

     I have been looking for a snmp management engine for FreeBSD (e.g. like MIT SNMP or CMU SNMP).  I could only find an SNMP test tool named scotty on the install CDROM for FreeBSD 2.2.2.  I downloaded a p5-snmp_tar.tar file from the FreeBSD ports web, but I was unable to build it.  I think the thing I downloaded is an interface to SNMP and not the SNMP engine itself.  If anyone knows how to get a SNMP engine onto FreeBSD, I would be much obliged. Thankyou.