Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 2015 08:25:06 -0453.75
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions !!!! <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   The saga continues

I am trying to install FreeBSD 9.3R on a new box. I want a RAID1 root,
with several other RAID0 partitions (/var, /usr/local, & /home). All
RAID's are created from partitions on the two 1 TB HDD's on the box. I
am using a shell script invoked from the shell during partitioning. I
followed this procedure, invoked the script, which apparently worked, &
completed the install. When I went to reboot, the UEFI 'BIOS' reported
'missing MBR record' & hung there. There were/are *no* explicit options
to boot from a USB drive, although that worked during the install w/
virgin HDD's, it came up w/ a very DOS-y screen which listed 'FreeBSD'
as a boot option. After the install, w/ something in the boot area of
the HDD's, the option to boot from the USB drive has vanished. Is there
some magic combo of key-strokes to get it to try to boot from the USB
stick anyway ? I want to boot into a shell & zap the 1st 1 GB or so of
each drive & try again, a procedure I had to use early this summer
during a NetBSD install, which *did* work AOK & allowed me to complete a
successful install. *Any* clues appreciated :-/. TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.