Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:50:24 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        brent@kearneys.ca, questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, jfn@enteract.com
Subject:   Re: AMD Athlon and booting

This has nothing to do with Athlon processors and everything to do with
buggy BIOS code that doesn't set the "extended keyboard present" bit.
Feel free to check the (very simple) code in boot2 that performs keyboard
detection, and if you've got any better ideas on how to make this work
properly, we're all ears. 8)