Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 12:44:43 +1000
From:      Joe Shevland <shevlandj@kpi.com.au>
To:        jBoss <jboss-user@list.working-dogs.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jBoss 2.0 and FreeBSD

Hi,

If anyone out there is interested, I've managed to get the jBoss 2.0 server
running on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE with the latest port of JDK1.2.2 (patchset 8). For
the freebsd-java list, this URL explains what jBoss is better than I can:
http://www.jboss.org

I can provide instructions for doing this if anyone's keen, however the only
hurdle I had to overcome was to start an X server on the server machine and
change my DISPLAY to be hostname:0.0 instead of the default :0.0 (and this
requirement will be gone soon too when the EJX GUI stuff gets separated out).

The client test app hasn't been run yet, but all the EJB's get deployed fine,
the (InstantDB) database is fine, and AFAICT all the server sockets are behaving
themselves (no JIT yet also, had trouble getting OpenJIT to compile but I've got
a big bunch of email suggestions to go through now).

Regards,
Joe

--
Joe Shevland