Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:22:12 +0000
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which FreeBSD is best for my PC?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:54:38 -0800
"Harry Veltman" <veltman@intergate.com> wrote:

> Which version and GUI will work best on the internet with my AT
> Pentium II 350MHz x86-based PC?  Some web sites require Flash Player
> 8 or higher,

If flash is important to you then I'd suggest you run windows firefox
under wine. Native Adobe Flash support is apparently working again in
7.1, but it's only just been restored as being broken for years. And by
all accounts the linux flash-plugin isn't perfect even in Linux.

> and some require 128-bit encryption I think, but doesn't
> 40-bit encryption process data 3 times faster?  How many bit
> encryption is the various versions of FreeBSD?  Thanks.

All the supported versions of FreeBSD should have a wide range of
ciphers available on browsers. IMO it's not really worth using
ciphers below 128 bits. 128 bit is probably safe from the NSA, 40
bits could easily be broken on a pc.