Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:55:01 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        Edward Wolpert <edward@cthulhu.methodsystems.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[3]: make installworld over NFS doesn't work anymore

Hello Edward,

Tuesday, August 22, 2000, 5:00:25 PM, you wrote:
> Actually, you can mount /usr/src read-only, but not /usr/obj.  You see,

Prior to the MFC, this worked this way.

> the make process 'writes' to /usr/obj for this very reason.  Try the
> install again, but with the drives mounted rw.

I don't like that. If one box with rw access gets cracked, /usr/obj
isn't trustable anymore... (not so much of a problem, but I dislike rw
exports in all cases

> Might I ask why you want to /usr/obj mounted ro?

s.a.

> If you have to install in alot of systems, why not make an install cd?

Those servers haven't got CDROM and I don't feel like I want to drive
to them... Beside that, a release CD would cause a lot of extra work.

Best regards,
 Gabriel