Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 22:53:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      cau@cc.gatech.edu (Carlos Ugarte)
To:        alk@think.com (Tony Kimball)
Cc:        ptroot@uswest.com, questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5x86

> Quoth Paul T. Root on Mon, 29 July:

> Do NOT
> buy a UMC 5x86 MoBo if you have a bus-mastering SCSI controller
> (e.g. 1542CF).  ASUS makes some good ones.

Guess this is my cue.  Beware of some of the ASUS boards too.
Specifically, I purchased an ASUS PVI-486SP3 to work with the
Cyrix 586-120GP; while the combo works, it also has the same
problems with busmastering controllers (namely, random reboots
here and there).

Carlos

--
Carlos A. Ugarte                                cau@cc.gatech.edu
Author of PageMage, a virtual desktop util for OS/2