Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:09:42 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        Lists <lists@1stpenshurst-scouts.asn.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Which Version of Emulation to use

On 10/01 16:35, Lists wrote:

> Just a quick question. If you are down loading software and only have to
> chose from SunOS, SGI IRIX 5.3, Linux, Solaris 2.4, Solaris x86, BSDI 2.0,
> HP-UX 9.05.

What software are you downloading?  There may be a better and easier way to get
it.  (Hint: look at file /usr/share/doc/handbook/ports.html using a web
browser.)

> Also I am looking for a small search engine for FreeBSD can someone point me
> in the rite direction either to Doc for info or one that you use. Have
> searched the web and find plenty but none for instance that will run on
> FreeBSD easily. Thanks

Ah.  You mean a search engine for your own website.  Look into "htdig".  If
you're talking about search engines _on_ the web generally, my favourite is
http://www.google.com.

best;

gjvc

--