Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:05:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      X Philius <xphilius@yahoo.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best upgrade path from 4.1 Release to 4.4 Release, via CVsup if possible

Kent,
Hmmm. So, I built 4.2, no errors. I just synced source up to 4.4 Release, and tried to build 4.4
on top of the 4.2 build which was just sitting in /usr/obj. I just got the exact same error I was
getting before, it is pasted below. Any ideas? Scrolling up, the last major marker was "===> ld ".

Jason

eelf_i386.o: In function `gldelf_i386_open_dynamic_archive':
eelf_i386.o(.text+0xc7b): undefined reference to `basename'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.