Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 20:14:45 +0900
From:      itojun@iijlab.net
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?vishwanath=20pargaonkar?= <vishubp@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ping6/telnet

>i have freebsd 4.2 stable release.
>i have set up a ipv6 network.
> i dun know y ping6 is not working ie ping6 with
>linklocaladdress.
> ping6 -I interfacename linklocaladdress
> works fine.

	you MUST either:
	1. specify the outgoing interface like "ping6 -I if0 linklocal"
	2. specify the outgoing scope identifier, like "ping6 linklocal%if0"
		(KAME assumes that scope identifiers are interface name/index,
		for linklocal address

> and telnet y is not working.ie
>telnet linklocaladdress will it not work?

	similarly to 2, you MUST specify the outgoing scope identifier, like
	"telnet linklocal%if0".

itojun