Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:28:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

> You can equally well say that the history of science is the process of
> realizing how little is controlled by purpose, by intent, by "someone"
> pulling the strings....and how much is accidental, arbitrary;

Huh?  Far from it.  The very 'order' in all of nature can be construed
as a wonderful design by someone/something greater than our ability to
understand.  But, that takes Faith.

In my opinion, it takes a whole lot less Faith to believe there is some
design to what we call life than it all happened by pure accident or
chance.

Nate