Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:10:29 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Maxim Protsenko <maksymko@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php3 + Qmail

Maxim Protsenko <maksymko@yahoo.com> types:
> Hello, everyone...
>   There's one problem, which don't let me sleep much last 3 days...

Sorry to hear that.

>   Please, help me to solve it...
>
>   My friend recommneded me to use qmail under FreeBSD.
>
>   I've downloaded version 1.03 and followed the instructions.
>   Everything was OK exept a few warnings during "make" process.

You really should use the port. That generally adopts things to
FreeBSD, and sometimes includes tools that make things easier to use
on FreeBSD. qmail is in that latter clase.

>   At that moment qmail is able to send mail from the shell by the
>   command
>
>   % echo to: maksymko@yahoo.com | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
>
>   but from my site, written in php3 IT DON'T WANT TO SEND!!!
>
>   in
>   /usr/local/etc/php3.ini
>   I tried path to sendmail as /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject and
>   /var/qmail/bin/sendmail - it didn't help.

I don't know php3, but /var/qmail/bin/sendmail is right. However,
that's the wrong way to set such things up on FreeBSD. You should edit
mailer.conf instead. The man page discusses what should be in it. The
qmail port includes the make target "enable-qmail" to install a
properly configured mailer.conf for qmail.

>   Please, tell me what to do!!!

Throw out what you've done, and install the port.

>   And what related to qmail must be listed by "ps" command???

qmail-lspawn, qmail-rspawn, qmail-send, qmail-clean and whatever
you're using for listening to tcp ports and launching
qmail-smtpd. Again, the port includes startup scripts to deal with all
this stuff.

	<mike