Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:54:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@flnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony Vaio 505T with Dayna Communicard/Linksys

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Charles Henrich wrote:

> I'm trying to get FreeBSD installed on a Vaio 505, to no avail.. I've tried
> both the PAO distribution, and a 4.0-current distribution (0918) with no
> luck... The PAO distribution will find the linksys card, but whenever you try
> and use it it comes up with device timeout's... The Dayna doesnt respond at
> all, unless I manually probe it with pccardc, but that again says device
> timeout.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

Sounds like an IRQ being wrong. Reboot, go into the bios, and make care
full note of what IRQ's are set for things like SoundCard and so on.

Then go into pao and with dmesg, check which other IRQ's are taken. My
guess it that that is the problem. You propably have to add '5' or so
to the list if IRQ's pccardd should avoid; this is done in pccardc.conf.

Alternatively pick a free one and tie the IRQ to the card in the
pccardc.conf file; on the LinkSys line. To see which list your card
can handle, use 'pccardc dumpcis'.

Dw