Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 17:33:24 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make install trick

In message <000001bf0f86$d8d84670$021d85d1@youwant.to> "David Schwartz" writes:
: 	I think anybody reasonable familiar with softupdates understands what
: 'sync' does in this context. It's not a bug because it is documented
: behavior done for a specific reason.

It is a bug.  You've just said so.  It isn't a bug that can be fixed
trivially, yet it is still a bug.  now that I know what's going on, I
know why my kludg-eo-round works.  Something that doesn't deal with
reclaiming unused space is broken for that case, no matter how hard it
is to fix.  I also know how to work around it...

Geeze, it isn't like I'm demanding you fix the bug.

Warner