Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 1995 01:05:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@rflab1.gtri.gatech.edu>
To:        m_tanaka@pa.yokogawa.co.jp (Mihoko Tanaka)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 3COM Ether Link III 3C590 is supported on FreeBSD-2.05?

> I have a question about ethernet cards.
>
> I'm going to purchase a new PC and I'd like to use FreeBSD on it.
> But I can not decide which ethernet card to select.
>
> If possible, I use a 3COM EtherLink III 3C590.
>
> Does FreeBSD-2.05 support it ?

	I don't believe the 590 is supported.  (this is the PCI variant of
the Etherlink III series)   The 509 and I think 579 are supported through
the ep driver, and I think the 589 is supported through some other driver,
though.
	Your best bet for a PCI ethernet card is probably to buy an SMC
card.  They are supported.
	If anyone knows anything different about 3c590 support, please
feel free to correct me...

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry