Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:04:30 +0100
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        John Indra <john@naver.co.id>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -CURRENT and XFree86 4.0.2 problem

> > I suspect (from the error log) that this has something to do with Intel 810
> > chipset and -CURRENT agp module.
>
> FWIW, I have the same problem with a -STABLE from jan. 20th. So the bug is
> probably also in the -STABLE agp module, or else it is XFree86-4.0.2_5
> (I also blew away /usr/local and /usr/X11R6 before installing it).

I have been just bitten by the same problem, on -STABLE. Having rebuilt
the world I can not swear it's not a problem in the kernel, but:

/usr/src/sys/pci/agp.c

so, either changes to other parts of the system broke agp, or the port
is indeed broken. Quite a few changes to AGP GART configuration went in
from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2, and it's not very clear if they DTRT.

Anybody has any hint, or at least the knowledge to investigate? If so,
I will send logfiles etc.
Otherwise I will have to try and get everything back to the time when we
had 4.0.1...

Bye,
	Andrea