Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:10:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jung-uk Kim <juikim@engin.umd.umich.edu>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anybody working on FreeBSD BIOS?

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Alexander Langer wrote:

> Thus spake Stefan Molnar (stefan@csudsu.com):
>
> > is already supported.  ( On some high end machines serial console works
> > in the prom as well).
>
> Also on low-end machines...

According to pxeboot(8) from 5.0 snapshot:

pxeboot is a modified version of the system third-stage bootstrap
loader(8) configured to run under Intel's Preboot Execution Environment
(PXE) system.  PXE is a form of smart boot ROM, built into Intel
EtherExpress Pro/100 and 3Com 3c905c Ethernet cards, and Ethernet-equipped
Intel motherboards.

Which means I cannot use it since I don't have the NIC and I don't want to
buy the hardware for this. I want 'PXE' from BIOS so that I can keep my
cards. :)
Second, the motherboard I have doesn't support serial console. I couldn't
find any BIOS update for the mobo.

Jung-uk Kim