Date:      Mon, 07 Jul 1997 10:46:05 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Helio Coelho Jr." <helio@compuland.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help in two aspects

Hi,

>       I'm running current in a Asus Dual Pentium Pro Motherboard. It has
> 128mb memory, SMC ethernet, adaptec 2940AU and a quantum scsi HD.
> fine again. Just to be sure, I've repeated the experience, but now, I
> copied
> the disk to the the seagate but removed the big disk and it's 2940UW. I've
> rebooted, and I got the same panic again ! But now with the adaptec2940au
> and the quantum disk ! I turned off and on the machine again: this time it
> came
>  back ! :) Fortunately this time I did not loose the contents of the
> disk...
> Anyone has an idea what happens or were I goofed ? :)

no idea...

---
> Another thing I noticed: when I issue a 'shutdown now' and a 'halt' ,
> sometimes I got
> a 'panic - shutdown not on CPU#0 - automatic reboot in 15 seconds' ... How
> can I avoid
> that ? How can I be sure that I'm on CPU#0 when halting ? ps -x ? :)

does it really say "panic"?  it might say: "oops, I'm on cpu#1, I need to be
on cpu#0!", but thats perfectly normal if you really requested a reboot/halt.
Any 2 successive commands might run on different CPUs, there is no way
(currently) to guarantee which CPU runs what, but as I said, in this case
its not important.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by