Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:00:56 -0800
From:      James Starr <james@dragonmount.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbie who is fed up with windows!

Hi,

  I've had about all I can stand of windows.  I know very little about using Unix, but my first attempt to set up FreeBSD seemed pretty straight forward.  Only trouble was the
modem.  Because I'm pretty new to this,  I get frustrated when I can't make something work.  But I'm not so frustrated that I'll stick with windows.  I scoured The Complete
FreeBSD, but everything I tried doesn't seem to work, and I'm not that much of an idiot.  Shouldn't I be able to install the right modem driver from sysinstall?  Anyone's
suggestions or help will be much appreciated.  Help a Microsoft victim break free!

~James