Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:04:20 +0200
From:      Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
Cc:        Rossam Souza Silva <rss@cin.ufpe.br>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE mixup: was samba package

Hello, JJ Behrens!

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 12:35:52PM -0800, you wrote:

> > Sure. Why the kde meta-package was left out??
>
> There was an unfortunate accident. The FreeBSD KDE team was attempting to
> reduce the amount of KDE material on the first CD, and (accidentally) the
> material didn't make it onto any of the CD's.
Maybe we should do better checking of -RELEASE for this? I see the
strange things doing since 4.1, we are getting closer and closer to
those linux kIdZ, who does not care how thier code works, wether their
gcc 3.x.x will work with all stuff and produce a good code, and so on.

Not icluding KDE, samba and, I suppose, a lot of other primary packages
onto ISOs, which have gone for producing CDs is a VERY bad thing.

Don't became linux, we are better!

P.S. Just my 0.02 UAH

--
NEVE-RIPE