Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:20:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, Shimon@i-Connect.Net, jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good Lord, Commercial Linux

> And Noorda didn't leave Novell in a good position either...they seem to
> be getting better without him.
> BTW, it seems like the Groupwise client is a Java application :-)

Noorda was forced out by Mar Burnside and the other members of "The
Office Of The President", a triumvarite of which Burnside was the
strongest member.

Burnside was a bean-counter (accountant) who decided that the best way
to optimize short term profit was to milk the existing product line to
death without investment in new technology.  That strategy has a 5 year
cap.

Novell is doing better because of the retirement of the HP vice
president, Frankenburg, who never got over the V.P. "Yes man" stage
and thus let people like Mike DeFazio ride roughshod over him.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.