Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@FreeBSD.ORG, bde@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SOCKS port inspires question...

 * OK.  I had hoped that you would say "Oh, yes, just check
 * __FreeBSD_MUMBLE_ELF__, which is always defined when you are building
 * elf executables"...

No.  Someone proposed __ELF__ but Bruce shot it down with a
one-liner. :)

 * Yes.  I guess I am.  So it sounds like a reasonable thing to do then?
 * I hadn't planned on providing the symbolic link, since runsocks will
 * use the correct one for the application being run.  That should be OK,
 * since applications never build against this library (and would fail to
 * work in odd ways if they tried).

I think that's fine.  Also, don't worry about trying to build both
versions into one packgae, I think it's reasonable to ask people to
install the a.out package if they want to run a.out binaries and the
ELF package for ELF binaries (or both if they need both).

Satoshi