Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:52:30 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Per directory disk quotas ...

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 07:18:29AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> [...]

Quotas would work, but requires some administrative oversight by the
admin over the users to make sure that files with the group ownership
don't get created outside the specific tree or that files belonging to
other groups don't appear inside the tree.

An alternative approach would be to use vnconfig(8) to create pseudo
disks of the right size, which you can then put a filesystem onto and
mount in the correct place.  I've seen reports that this technique
works very well to limit the amount of space a jail(8) can use even if
the jail's owner has full control over the password file in it.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
                                                      Marlow