Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:46:36 -0500
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound still messed up.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 12:30:22AM -0600, Charlie ROOT wrote:

> Sound works fine over here (3.4-R), but I have noticed noise on mouse and
> HD activity.  Then again, I remember hearing such noises under Linux and
> Windoze, and have resigned myself to live with it until I:
> a) get a sound card with an external power supply,
> b) get a sound card with digital output, or
> c) take out the old soldering iron and attach a capacitor across the ISA
>    bus power contacts.

I never had the mouse+console problem with the VoxWare drivers or In Linux
on my old ISA PAS16 card, but now that I've got a SB128 and use newpcm, I
notice it quite heavily when using the mouse.  I'd try using the old voxware
drivers again, but I have no idea how to use them for PCI cards or if it's
even possible.  I suppose it could actually be the new soundcard's fault,
but that seems strange since the static never occurs in X when the mouse
is moved, just on the text console.

--
Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org> or <smkelly@slashnet.org>
       PGP KeyID: 4AC781C7        ICQ UIN: 27955995