Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 00:43:18 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        up@3.am
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@caspian.plutotech.com>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec RAID support WAS Re: Adaptec AIC-7896 flakyness

up@3.am scribbled this message on Aug 16:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>
> > >Now...if you could let me know what, if anything is being done for a
> > >driver for the Adaptec ARO-1130 RAIDport add-on card, I'm all ears. :)
> >
> > Not much.  I haven't been able to get the necessary documentation for
> > RAID support from Adaptec.
>
> hmmm...I just noticed that there's a kld for SCO Unix compatibility.
> Adaptec ships a driver for SCO Unix and SCO Unixware (why, I have no
> idea).  I have a feeling that there'd be a chicken and egg problemtrying
> to load a kld before the kernel is even running though.  I grep'd the
> LINT kernel source for any mention of SCO and saw nothing.
>
> Is this a track even worth pursuing?

that's for SCO user land binary compatibility... adding SCO kernel
compatibility is a completely different story...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson