Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:12:29 +0100
From:      Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slow system freeze

--nextPart1534526.vcs2gnjAnL

Hello,

It's been two months since this thread was started. To recap, I repeatedly=
=20
encountered what was identified by the gurus here as filesystem deadlock,=20
which froze my machine.

Now, after some time, I have an additional observation to add: The=20
deadlock *only* happens when Quanta (KDE HTML Editor) is running (for=20
some time, say, 1-5 hours). Since it's the only application causing this,=20
it appears to me that Quanta is somehow misbehaving (and maybe hitting a=20
weak spot in FreeBSD that isn't relevant normally because apps don't=20
misbehave this way).

I'm short on time at the moment (lots of big compsci tests :) ), but I'll=20
try to find out what the last is that Quanta does before it crashes the=20
system. In the meantime... I'd be interested in knowing whether other=20
folks here can reproduce this behaviour. (System is FreeBSD-5.3-RELEASE,=20
newest KDE from ports). Thanks :)

Benjamin