Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:48:43 BST
From:      Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fast measurement of used swap?

I'm porting a system monitor from Linux. What's the fastest way of measuring
the total amount of swap used (over all devices)?

All the programs I've seen that do it use kvm, in fact using the same piece
of code from swapinfo. This is very slow (uses several thousand syscalls) and
also takes time proportional to the amount of swap (whether this is used or
not), so I don't want to do this unless it's the only way. (BTW, I'm using
2.1.0 if it matters.)

Thanks, Michael.

--
Michael Searle - csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk