Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 2015 14:58:22 -0700
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Stacey Pellegrino <stacey.pellegrino@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Bhyve port to Gentoo Linux/FreeBSD and support for AMD64 with PCI pass through...

Hi Stacey,

> Can someone provide me (or forward onto the relevant person/team) an update
> on the Bhyve development? I have been trying ever so hard to find out about
> the latest AMD Catalyst graphics drivers for FreeBSD (rumours on the
> internet that they exist and/or are in development) so that I can run
> multiple displays from my Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. It could still be
> possible to use this graphics card with FreeBSD 10.1 by means of PCI pass
> through with Bhyve, although (as I found out with extensive testing with
> Xen) it is Intel processor favored and supported. When is AMD64 support
> coming up to the level of development that Intel processors are getting?

  AMD processor support in bhyve is almost at the level of Intel
processor support, with one notable gap being the lack of IOMMU support
which is required for PCI passthru.

> When will Windows and Mac OS X Snow Leopard onwards be supported?

  Windows is (slowly) being worked on. Nothing is happening with OSX to
my knowledge.

> Are installations headless and require something like VNC?

  Installations are currently via the guest's serial console.

later,

Peter.