Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:00:57 +0100
From:      Michael Pye <michael@ulimit.org>
To:        Moreno Riccardi <mriccardi75@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X server question

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:31:10AM +0200, Moreno Riccardi wrote:
> I'm trying to set up X window server on freebsd4.5, but i'm not able to set
> up video card, i've got an i386 with asus V7100 (32MB) video card

The ASUS 7100 series are nvidia geforce2 chipset based cards. Make sure you
choose the 'nv' nvidia geforce driver, which does appear in the list of
supported video cards when running though XF86Config.

I have an AGP ASUS 7100 geforce2 mx 32mb with DVI, which works fine with X at
in resolution modes. Are you using an LCD monitor with DVI ? If so, the 'nv'
driver supplied with X currently doesn't support this, but using it with
either a LCD or CRT monitor that is not using DVI works fine.

--
Michael Pye
michael@ulimit.org