Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joe Schmoe <non_secure@yahoo.com>
To:        Matt Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntop binary for 5.x in existence ?  (the real ntop, not the kitchen sink one...)

Matt,

--- Matt Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca> wrote:

> > a recipe database included as well ...
>
> Your embellishments only serve to distract from your
> real question -- which
> is the following:

You're right.  Sorry.  It's just so frustrating to see
a really great idea, and great tool, co-opted by the
linux kids and turned into "my bloated sourceforge
project of the week"

> > Anyone know how to successfully build
> > an old 1.x ntop on FreeBSD 5.x ?
>
> Give me a couple of days and I'll get back to you.

Many thanks.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that would
like to see this procedure, and by having it in the
list archives, everyone will know how to get (the
real) ntop running on 5.x.

thanks!