Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:56:08 -0400
From:      Ed Vander Bush <ed@42interactive.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Localized network and gateway connectivity

Sorry for the similar post but I don;t know if the first went though.  I
have heard nothing!

I just returned home about a month ago from school and brought my NT and
FreeBSD 3.1 boxes back with me,  I has trhen both on the network at
school with their own ips and a friend did the DNS but I at home I need to
network them together without net access except the NT box has a modem. I
have the hub
setup in non uplink mode and have the boxes plugged in but I can not get
them to talk... What are the necessary changes that need to be made so I
can telnet and such from nt to BSD?  Also I just orders a new faster box
for a replacement for my current Free box (486 33)  and I will be
setting it up to run on my mini network at home but need to make sure it
is easily ported to the network at school come sept.  Can you give me
any instructions or point me in the way of some docs?  Thanks.. ED