Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:54:41 -0400
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Steve Kudlak <chromexa@ovis.net>, "Roman V. Mashak" <mrv@tv2.tomsk.ru>, "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Nelson, Trent ." <tnelson@switch.com>
Subject:   Re: C-2(Security) blues and the like

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 06:34:30PM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
> > Are ISO standards still on the order of US$9 per single-sided page?  I
> > just got my copies of the ECMA standards on CDROM (for free...).

You can get ISO 15408 (Common Criteria) from ANSI:
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/find.asp?find_spec=15408

3 PDF files for $18 each, for a total of $54.
Paper copies cost more.

> Actually, I believe that the CC should be available for free on the web
> somewhere.  Unfortunately, I forget where.  Last time I got it, it was a
> free PDF download.

A quick google search of "Common Criteria" yields:
http://csrc.nist.gov/cc/ccv20/ccv2list.htm

It has PDF files for download which are not the same as the ISO standard,
but are supposed to be "aligned with ISO 15408".

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr