Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:17:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        dyson@iquest.net, eivind@yes.no, rssh@grad.kiev.ua, grog@lemis.com, wes@softweyr.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System V init (was: Linux to be deployed in Mexican schools; Where was FreeBSD?)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Terry Lambert wrote:

> The criticisms of the SYSV approach, especially in reference to
> Elvind's prototype (rather than the BSD status quo, which is rather
> indefensible from any angle save "stick in the mud"), are largely
> valid.  But that's not the point.  The SYSV approach is (A) better

	Just constructive criticism.  If we go this route, we need to do a
superlative job for it to gain complete acceptance.

> Feel free to propose any other approach that meets those same
> design constraints and isn't the SYSV init system, and I think
> you will find a lot of support.  But it's unconsciable to do

	I actually kept quiet yesterday, so I could hack on an
implementation that doesn't bother me quite so much.  I hope to have
something to show in a day or so after some testing.

cheers,

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]