Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 14:05:06 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>, chuckr@picnic.mat.net (Chuck Robey), ugen@xonix.com (Ugen Antsilevitch), questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI modems do not work???

Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <199909051942.OAA42708@celery.dragondata.com> Kevin Day writes:
> : No, I'm working on adding support for PCI based non-winmodems. Modems that
> : still have a 16550 based uart interface to them, but just happen to sit on
> : the PCI bus. I'm not at all planning on writing support for winmodems, just
> : making sio.c understand UARTs on the PCI bus.
> :
> : There *are* PCI modems out there that aren't winmodems, they're just hard t
> : find. 3Com makes one, as well as a few other companies.
>
> SIO doesn't support anything but isa attachments right now.  Its probe
> and attach routines need to be corrected to not be ISA specific.

Warner: I've had a look at your pccard_nbk patches, and they seem to work
for me reasonably well considering what it's trying to do. :-)

Please, can we have it committed?  Leave the #if 0 in sio so people don't
get blown away.  At the moment various people would like to help fix sio
etc, but while you've got (possibly) undisclosed patches in your tree we
could be duplicating your work.

Cheers,
-Peter