Date:      Thu, 1 Dec 2011 19:16:16 -0500
From:      "Ryan Jones" <ryan@realinterface.com>
To:        <freebsd-jobs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Permanent Opening for Unix Systems Admin in Rockville, MD - USA

Hello All,

This is Ryan Jones from Realinterface. We have a position that very closely
matches your skill set.  Can you please call me on 714-729-4011 for a few
quick minutes or email me the best time to call you and we can discuss the
position?

You may go through the summary of the position below:

Title of the position: Unix Systems Admin (FreeBSD)

Type: Permanent

City, State and Zip code of the job location: Rockville, MD 20850 (only
local candidates)

To know the job description in detail, you may scroll to the bottom of the
page.

Please feel free to forward this email to any friends or colleagues that may
be interested in this position

Note: This is not an automated e-mail, please reply.

Regards,

Ryan Jones

Sr. Technical Recruiter

Realinterface
 <http://www.realinterface.com>; www.realinterface.com

Direct # 714-729-4011

 <mailto:ryan@realinterface.com> ryan@realinterface.com

rjones@realinterface.com

Job Description:

Unix Systems Administrator

Our client's software manages the email newsletters for some of the biggest
brands you know.

It's a fun place to work and you will learn a lot!

Here is some of what you will do your first year:

.           Build out and deploy new FreeBSD servers running Apache and
postfix

.           Keep live production systems humming with 99.99% uptime

.           Make sure system monitoring is fine-tuned using Nagios

.           Diagnose and fix networking problems using your TCP/IP knowledge

.           Configure firewalls, VPN connectivity, DNS servers, SMTP servers

.           Analyze mail and system logs and create/update documentation

.           Coordinate with vendors on new equipment purchases

.           Ensure proper data backup and archival procedures are followed

.           Maintain our VoIP telephone system and Windows and Mac
workstations

Requirements

.           Familiarity with managing FreeBSD 8 on servers, Windows and
MacOS desktops

.           Car to occasionally drive to data center to pick up and deliver
equipment (and ability to lift rack mount servers)

.           Knowledge of networking technologies (switches, wiring,
firewalls)

.           Ability to write shell and/or Perl scripts; other languages
beneficial