Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:36:49 -0700
From:      Thomas Stephens <tas@stephens.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Thomas Stephens <tas@stephens.org>
Subject:   BSD/OS Locale Settings

I've noticed some BSD/OS binaries fail quite often if I set my locale to
anything (this is on CURRENT and STABLE, but I expect it is also the
case with older builds).  I had initially thought these binaries were
simply unreliable, but they work properly with an empty locale.

My assumption is that BSD/OS uses a different and incompatible locale
scheme to FreeBSD's.  My question is: does anyone with sufficient
knowledge know if it would be possible to support locale settings with
BSD/OS binaries?

Regards,
Thomas Stephens
tas@stephens.org